The lumbar region is the area of the spine that is more stressed than others. Sudden weight lifting, prolonged awkward posture, weakened muscular corset - all this can lead to periodic complaints of low back pain. However, if the pain is sharp, sharp, as if shooting through the lumbar region during movement and especially tilting the body, this is a reason to consult a doctor immediately.
Lower back pain when bending over can be a sign of more serious body problems that require urgent care. In the absence of professional treatment, this unpleasant symptom can result in a dangerous exacerbation of related diseases of the back and internal organs.
Possible causes of low back pain when bending over
There are many causes of aggravating pain in the lumbar region when bending the body. First of all, the pain syndrome in this area differs from primary and secondary.
Direct primary back pain occurs due to soft tissue diseases or problems with the spine in this area. Can not be:
- low back injuries (bumps, falls, bad turns, sprains);
- intervertebral hernia;
- displacement of the vertebrae or intervertebral disc;
- osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral region, radiculopathy;
- myositis, tuberculosis, lumbar polio.
Secondary pain is reflected by other organs, which are thus given to the lower back. In this case we can talk about diseases of the genitourinary system, intestinal tract.
Lower back pain when bending over can also be a warning of a wrong lifestyle or inadequate physical activity in this area. It can be associated with a long stay of the body in one position (sedentary work, prolonged driving), lack of sports activity or, conversely, excessive work in the gym.
When should you see a doctor urgently?
Trying to deal with the pain on your own, let alone enduring severe pain, is unacceptable. However, in some cases, in case of severe back pain, a visit to a doctor should be arranged immediately. That:
- recent injury to the lumbar region or spine;
- increase in body temperature in parallel with an increase in pain;
- acute pain that does not disappear for several hours (days);
- tingling sensation in the legs, lower back;
- movement and coordination disorders;
- disorders of urination or defecation.
What doctor treats diseases of the lower back?
Most often, one is not sure what exactly caused the exacerbation of lower back pain when bending over. In this case, it is more advisable to contact a therapist, telling about the nature and circumstances of the pain. The doctor, based on his own professional skills, will attract, if necessary, a specialist with a narrower profile.
Types of diagnostics
Diagnostic methods for determining the root cause of pain syndrome are multifaceted. This allows you to identify as accurately as possible the trigger for lower back pain when bending over, heal it and provide the person with complete freedom of movement.
- blood and urine tests;
- Ultrasound of internal organs;
- Magnetic resonance;
- CT scan.
To achieve the maximum effect and enhance the positive result of the treatment, several approaches are used simultaneously to treat discomfort in the lower back. That:
- Drug therapy. Includes various drugs for oral administration (analgesics, muscle relaxants, chondroprotectors, vitamins), anti-inflammatory and analgesic ointments and gels, injections, medicated patches.
- Physiotherapy procedures (SWT, magnetic therapy, electrophoresis, acupuncture, darsonvalization).
- Adherence to diet.
- Rest in bed, restrict movement, wear a corrective corset.
- Physiotherapy. This therapy works well in cases where low back pain is caused by weak muscles and lack of physical activity.
- Manual therapy and massage courses. Passing such courses is healing for the whole organism and under the hands of a professional the pain in the spine is relieved very quickly.
- Surgery. This is a last resort in the treatment of lower back pain - the basis for surgery are serious diseases in this area that can not be cured in any other way.